Module 29 Sewanee’s climate
- This is a review exercise: apply the
ggplotskills introduced in the previous modules and the
Deep Rmodules on Working with Dates and Times and Working with Text to analyze climate records for Sewanee, TN, USA.
1. Plot the forecasted temperature
2. Get average cloudiness by day.
3. Plot average cloudiness by day.
4. Plot humidity.
5. Get the maximum temperature by hour (without date). Plot it.
6. Make a variable called
date. This should just be the date (without the time)
7. Plot wind direction over time, with the line color showing the date.
8. Create a variable called
perfect. This should include conditions indicating whether the weather in that moment is perfect.
9. How much of the next few days is going to be perfect?
10. Create a variable called
hour. What is the best time of day (across all days) to fly a kite in the next few days?
date to get the average windspeed per day. What is the best day to fly a kite this week?
12. Get the average temperature by
hour. What is, on average, the coldest moment of the day? And the hottest?